Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Things I Love

As I was perusing around on Facebook the other day I noticed a friend of mine had compiled a list of things she loves (thank-you Lisa.) I loved reading her list and instantly began composing my own list in my head. Turns out, I love a whole lot of things! So I decided to take my list to the blog. This list is very long. I really could have kept going, but I do have people I love...that require my attention...and need to be fed. I love the following...

God
The gift of grace
My husband--he is my best friend, he always makes me laugh, and never ceases to amaze me
Hayden & Deacon--every single ounce of them
My parents
My in-laws--I am blessed. I realize not everyone loves their in-laws, however, mine are awesome
Going to a restaurant...without my kids
Making a new friend
Summertime
Watching my kids happily play together
Bargains--garage sales, thrift stores, or just a good sale
Hayden's laugh when she gets really tickled
The sweet way Deacon will randomly lay his head on me and say "I love you Mama."
Cooking
Taking Hayden to the library
Pinterest
Picnics with my family
Reading new books
The smell of new books
Going to the pumpkin patch each fall
Taking way too many pictures of my kiddos
The beach--I want to go so badly!
Christmas
Holiday scented candles
My friends--when I sit and think of each of them and what they mean to me, I am overwhelmed with how blessed I am to be a part of their lives
Being a stay-at-home mom
The smell of clean laundry washed with Tide
Italian food--Pete's place particularly
Cuddling with my kids
When God gives me direct opportunities to be used by Him
Seeing someone grow in their faith
Choco Tacos--so bad, but so good
Mountain Dew--again ^
Mcalisters' sweet tea
Laughing, and laughing until tears flow
How happy QuikTrip makes my kids, especially Deacon
Singing loudly in the car when I'm alone
Dancing when I'm alone
Scrapbooking--even though I only do it like once a year
Writing--new love
How romantic and thoughtful my husband is
Third Day and going to their concerts
Shelly--my daughter's best friend and how Hayden will tell anyone Shelly is her best friend
The pictures my daughter draws
Deacon's perfect comedic timing--the fact that he's two and has perfect comedic timing
Arcadian Inn in Edmond, OK--seriously, it's the best!
Not having a car payment
Pizza from Sam n Ellas
Lunch dates at Compadres with Lisa and Andrea--I miss those days!
Women of Faith conferences
Spending a weekend once a month with my Granny
Emily's Tea Room
My You Version Bible app
Having a million inside jokes with my husband--we have so many we can't remember where some of them even originated
The first time I held my babies after they were born
My dad's laugh--trust me it's very unique...and loud
My mom's love for her grandchildren
Where I currently live and how beautiful it is, especially in the fall
Phoebe--my old, cranky, and fat dog--and how she loves me the most :)
Living by a spectacular Lake
Watching Hayden interact with people--such a social butterfly
The change God is continually doing in my life
Milk Glass and Jade things
How when Deacon takes a bath the first thing he always says is "wash my feet first"
Hayden's clumsiness--although I feel bad for her sometimes, watching her trip over nothing really tells me she is my kid :)
Listening to my husband teach
An uplifting word of encouragement from a friend at just the right moment
Vacations--even if it is Branson every time
The smell of a new baby
Hayden's love for birthdays--any birthdays, not just her own
When Deacon says "shamwich"
Watching Kerry play with our kids
Watching my kids faces lite up when they see their daddy
Rainy days when I have no where to go
Cards and stationary
Seeing my kids make their grandparents smile and laugh
My baby brother--He always makes me laugh and is a little protective like an older brother would be.
Hearing my husband come up the driveway when he's home from work

There is so much more. This is a good reminder of how blessed I really am. I may have to do a "Things I Love Round 2" sometime down the road :)

1 comment:

Lisa Cartwright said...

I made the list!!! WhooHoo! Love it! I cannot count how many times i went "yes"!
I've added about 4 things since my post so I think a part 2 is a great idea!!