Miss Ainslee turned four months last week.
On Monday we took her to the pediatrician for her fourth month checkup and the dreadful shots. Let me just say this: Mondays, during flu/sick season, are THE worst possible time to take your healthy baby in for a check-up. The waiting room was packed. So packed that we had to stand. Lots of coughing, hacking, crying, and kids wearing masks. It looked like a scene from the movie Outbreak. Somehow we have remained healthy, whew!
Anyhow, our little chunky monkey is 14 pounds, 8 ounces now and 25 inches long. She is in the 75th percentile. When her pediatrician saw her legs he said in his Hispanic accent, "Oh, she no chicken leg...she a turkey leg."
- Growling and talking to her lion toy
- Ainslee is still a big fan of her big sister. Hayden is the most successful in getting her to laugh as well.
- Ainslee likes exciting OU games. Especially when we beat Alabama!
- Sucking her thumb. I know I'll hate it one day when she needs braces, but it sure is adorable now.
- Scratching items. She loves to scratch everything around her. She even scratched her pediatrician's lab coat as he examined her the other day. Her favorite item to scratch is her changing table cushion.
- Yapping. Ainslee loves to yap and yap loudly. She has now decided to yap during daddy's sermon at church. Not during the music part or after, just during his sermon.
- I have no pictures of her dislikes, but she does not like her daddy sneezing. If he doesn't muffle his sneeze, she will startle, pout her lips, and then cry hysterically. It's seriously the only time she freaks out. That's how loud the sneezes are.
- Shots, she does not like shots.
Here are a few more pictures...
|She is well fed|
|Watching TV with Granny Eakle|