Saturday, November 23, 2013

One Month of Ainslee Blake

This is one month post of Miss Ainslee Blake White. While I am behind (imagine that) on getting this posted, the pictures are all from her first month.

Already getting a belly on her




Carl and Ainslee
Ainslee is fascinated by Carl. I couldn't get her to look at me at first because she was checking him out...I don't think she trusts him.

Ainslee's Likes:

Ainslee loves her mama. She is a huge mama's girl. During this first month she would be crying, and as soon as mama held her she would stop. I have to admit that I love it.

Ainslee loves her sleep. For the first few weeks all she did was sleep, waking up only to eat. Which she also enjoys doing.

Seriously though, how cute is this?
Ainslee loves to snuggle. This girl is a big cuddler. Is there anything better than cuddling a baby? No...the answer is no.
cuddling with Daddy
Ainslee likes her Aden & Anais blankets. I swear she sleeps better when we wrap her in those versus her other blankets. I now understand why they are such a big deal! Ainslee wants to take this opportunity to thank her Aunt Kelly for giving them to her as a gift.

Ainslee's Dislikes:

Ainslee hates being cold. This means she will scream during each diaper change, change of clothing, or getting lotion put on after a bath.

"I'm fine right now, but the second you take me out of this bath I will scream."
Ainslee does not enjoy being hungry. Even if she only has to wait a few minutes, she is not a happy girl. One day I took a few minutes too long to feed her. She was belligerent. Once I started feeding her she was still angry. The picture below is her glaring at me while she ate. She might have some serious attitude as she gets older.
Ainslee's angry eyes
Ainslee does not enjoy the car seat...*sigh*. I was hoping big brother and big sister would not pass this trait on to their baby sister, but it appears she hates it just as much as they did.

A shopping trip gone awfully bad.
One day Ainslee and I were home alone and I was dying to get out of the house. I decided to load her up and go to Muskogee to go and check out this consignment store a friend had been telling me about. When we walked into the store the owner was working behind the counter and asked me if she could hold Ainslee while I shopped. Since the store was little and I could see Ainslee no matter where I was I very happily took her up on her offer.

It wasn't one minute after I handed her to the very nice (and well dressed) lady that my sweet Ainslee let out a horrible noise. A noise that sounded like it came from a very large grown man. I looked at the lady and she very sweetly said, "Um, I think she is leaking." I walk back to the counter to retrieve my poopy child when I notice the sweet lady has poop on her shirt. As I take Ainslee from her the poop continues to leak and gets on the counter, then on me, then on the floor.

I immediately grab the diaper changing pad out of my diaper bag and lay Ainslee on the floor. With her wipes I wipe off the counter...dying inside. I'm apologizing over and over to the poor lady with a stranger's child's poop on her clothes. She insists she is fine and it's no big deal--yeah right.

Ainslee is now screaming at this time because she is covered in poop--front to back--and thinks she is now starving. Her outfit is nasty, I take it off clean her up with wipes--she is livid. I reach in the diaper bag to retrieve a spare onesie and guess what? Apparently, I had taken it out at some point. Why? I do not know.

So with Ainslee screaming I apologize to the store owner and explain that I must now go back to the car to feed my naked baby. We went back to the van, I fed her, wrapped her in a blanket--thank goodness I at least had that, and went back inside. I was determined to do some shopping despite my embarrassment.

To my surprise the lady asked to hold her again. After going back and forth several times of, "No, you really don't have to," I reluctantly handed my naked Ainslee back to her.

Luckily, Ainslee kept all her bodily fluids to herself after that. I hurried and found three clothing items, purchased them, and thanked the wonderful store owner for not kicking me out. She was an awesome lady. Back to the Rack is the name of the store by the way.

Now just a "few" more pictures.






And that is the short summary of the first month of Miss Ainslee Blake's life :)





1 comment:

penny eakle stamper said...

Love reading about and seeing pics of my youngest niece! Miss you guys