Sunday, November 24, 2013

Deacon and the Great Pumpkin

A few days before Halloween, Deacon's Pre-K class took a field trip to the pumpkin patch at Livesay Orchards in Porter. I actually debated on whether or not I should go. I didn't really want to get the baby out and carry her around the entire time. However, I didn't want to miss out on Deacon's first field trip. I always enjoyed going with Hayden on hers. So, after deciding that I would indeed regret it if I didn't go, I chose to go. 

The weather was actually pleasant. It had rained that morning, and there was still an overcast. It didn't rain while we were there, and the temperature was perfect. I put on the baby carrier and strapped Ainslee in. She loved it and conked out pretty quickly. She ended up sleeping the entire time which made things sooooo much easier for mom! I was able to give all my attention to Deacon. :)

They had plenty of activities and stations for the kids to play at before the big hayride to the pumpkin patch.











After playing at all the stations they rang a bell to let the kids know it was time for the hayride. We all loaded up on the trailers to head to the pumpkin patch where each child got to pick out their own pumpkin.

Deacon excited about the hayride.


After picking up and inspecting around 20 pumpkins, Deacon finally found his perfect one. Once the kids picked out their pumpkins we loaded back up onto the hayride and headed back. On the hayride back, some of Deacon's classmates were singing Halloween songs they had been learning at school.  So Deacon's teachers decided to get them to all sing their Halloween songs. It was adorable. With big smiles and giggles they sang their Halloween songs for us to hear. I try so much to soak up moments like that. I know they won't always be little and happily singing songs together.

Once the hayride was over it was time to go home. Deacon had a great time, and I was so glad I got to be there with him.


1 comment:

penny eakle stamper said...

That is so awesome! He looks like he had a blast. So glad you went with him, great pics and memories.