Friday, July 27, 2012

Ten Years

Ten years ago today, I married Kerry White.  He is my best friend, the man I had prayed for since I was a young girl.  In the last few weeks I have thought about this significant milestone approaching and it has led my mind up and down memory lane.  I've blogged about how we met (The Story of Us, ) I've read all of our old letters and cards, and I dug out every picture I could find of the two of us.  After much reflection it has led me to this conclusion:   our marriage has only gotten better with each year that passes.

I love this man with every fiber of my being.  The fact that Kerry loves me in spite of all my flaws and high-maintenance ways, makes me love him even more.  Kerry is everything I had ever prayed for in a husband.  I am always in awe that God would choose to place him in my life.  Kerry loves me, prays for me, and leads me (something that isn't exactly easy.)  He is a phenomenal husband and father.  He is brilliant, compassionate, beautiful, selfless, hilarious, romantic, and he's mine.  I am one abundantly blessed gal.

Here are some photos over the years...

May 2002 at our friend's wedding.  

Upward Bound trip summer of 2002 a few weeks before we got married.  At the top of Pikes Peak.

One of our engagement photos.  June 2002

  
Love this pic :)







We had bubbles for everyone to use when we were leaving, but my new father-in-law brought firework poppers for everyone instead.  It was a cute surprise.
I love that my dad is standing in the background already changed out of his tux and back into his pearl snap shirt and Levi 517's
The wind caught my veil perfectly as we headed to the car

Newlyweds!  On our honeymoon in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico.  July 2002

Kerry and I at a Kelly Clarkson concert early 2005


Padre Island summer of 2005.  I was pregnant with Hayden.


Branson vacation summer 2007

Halloween 2007.  We were Pam and Jim from The Office


December 2008.  I was pregnant with Deacon
Valentine's Banquet at Gore FBC, February 2009

NSU Homecoming Parade 2009

Ice skating at the BOK Valentines 2010


OU game Fall 2010


December 2010, at the Gaylord Texan.  My 30th birthday surprise weekend 

Having dessert at The Melting Pot on my 31st birthday last year, December 2011




Christmas 2011

Happy tenth anniversary Kerry!  I love you a little bit more with each new day.  Thank-you for choosing me to spend the rest of your life with.










1 comment:

Nancy Vinson said...

Great pictures. Glad that you two are so happy together. Congratulations on 10 years! Nancy