Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Mom!!

Since it is Mother's Day this weekend I thought it would be nice to dedicate a blog entry to my Mama.  I have composed a list of things I love about her.

I love my Mom because...
  • She loved me first
  • She loves her children with her whole heart
  • She is an amazing granny, and my kids adore her
  • From the time I was little and even now she has taken me on "mother & daughter dates"
  • She taught me how to respect my husband (long before I met him)
  • She loves yard sales as much as I do
  • When I need comfort she is the best
  • She is the most dependable person I know
  • She devotes the majority of her time taking care of my Granny and is happy to do it
  • She loves the Lord
  • She loves children and serves God by serving and teaching them
  • She is an excellent cook
  • She still calls me to make sure I'm watching the weather when it's severe
  • Even though she didn't get to go to college she made sure I did
  • She loved Kerry and knew I would marry him before I did
  • She has always supported Kerry's decision to go into the ministry
  • She prays for me
  • She has always loved and hugged on me
  • She knows how to text message--finally!!
  • Anytime I need her, day or night, she is there
  • She loves to go to women's conferences and retreats with me
  • She makes by far the BEST coconut creme pie
  • She cried with tears of joy both times I told her I was pregnant
  • Even though we were always on a tight budget growing up, she saved and saved so we could go on some great vacations
  • She taught me how to live on a tight budget
  • She loved being a stay-at-home mom
  • She survived my teen years
  • She has a distinct southern "twang"
  • She does crafts with my kids (something I do not enjoy doing!)
  • She gets very excited about food network reality shows
  • She is simply the best
This is a short list.  I could go on forever.  

I love you Mom!!!  Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments: