Sunday, May 27, 2012

Branson vacation...where else?

We went to Branson this last week (I know, shocking right?)  My kiddos get just as excited as their daddy about going to the big "B."  So I now live with 3 Branson monsters...Lord, help me!


Hayden and Deacon all smiles as we enter Branson city limits

The first day we arrived around lunch time so we decided to go and feast at Cracker Barrel.
Deacon loves a good pancake

Hayden and I both love the chicken and dumplings
After lunch we drove down to my favorite place in Branson...Branson Landing.  I love it here.  While my husband comes to Branson for Silver Dollar City, I come to Branson to shop!  The kids also like Branson Landing because of the water fountains, play ground, Build-a-Bear, and "the fish store" (Bass Pro).
I'm pretty sure one day one of them, probably Hayden, will fall into the fountain.  Then we will be "that family."
Hayden is definitely my daughter when it comes to shopping.  In the picture below she was already wearing her new purchases from the previous store.

Claire's is probably her favorite store.  She finally settled on buying some fake neon-colored hair extensions.  Who wouldn't?
Hayden shopping at Claires

Deacon also wearing his new purchase that he picked out...a  Mater hat from the hat store.
After a few hours of shopping and dinner we took the kids to the go-cart track and bumper boats (dumper boats as Deacon calls them.)  I would have more pictures, but I was happily participating in the fun.

It was a blast.  My kids laughed the entire time.  My heart is filled to the brim with joy watching my kids have fun.
posing in front of the go-cart track

My husband loves Silver Dollar City.  Actually, I'm pretty sure "love" isn't a strong enough word...

Anyhow, we went on Wednesday morning.  It was perfect.  There weren't many people at the park, so we didn't have to wait in any lines.  The weather was even great--no sweating!  



As season pass holders, we have so many pictures like this.  You could seriously chart my children's growth with them all.



Somehow, Kerry talked Hayden into riding the giant Barn Swing with him.  She actually did very well!  She got a little nauseous toward the end, but luckily it was a pretty quick ride.  I was proud of her; there is no way I will ever ride that thing!
Hayden strapping in for her biggest ride to date!

I have to admit I was freaking out on the inside!

Deacon's favorite ride, "the frogs."

Later that night Hayden went with Mimi and Bear for some more shopping.  So Kerry, Deacon, and I headed to Landry's Seafood House for our one "splurge" meal.  I wanted to photograph our meal, but I was too embarrassed because we were in the middle of the restaurant, and I didn't want to be the weirdo photographing her food.  Anyhow, I had the stuffed shrimp and it was incredible.  Deacon got a corndog, naturally.



A few months ago I messaged a friend that lives in Branson to ask her if there were any decent beaches on Table Rock Lake.  She said "yes" and told me about Moonshine Beach.  Don't let the name deceive you.  It was a nice little beach.  There was sand, which Hayden has been dying to have, and the water was nice and clean (and freezing).  There was also a volleyball court, concession stand, umbrella rentals, and a nice playground.

Kerry likes to make our kids laugh and freak out the other beach visitors...
I love this :)
 
Isn't she adorable?

Bear taking a little nap on the beach

This pretty much sums up Deacon

Mimi helping Hayden collect "sea" shells


A few years ago our friends Steve and Sandy came back from Branson telling us how we must go see the show SIX.  Well, we finally got around to seeing it this time.  We loved it!  It really was a good show.  I'm usually pretty picky about watching shows in Branson, but I would love to see this one again.  It's six brothers and they do all the music and singing with just their own voices.  You would never know there isn't music playing.  They were also pretty funny.
The kids waiting outside the SIX theater.  Yes, Deacon is wearing boots with shorts.


Hayden bought a poster and couldn't wait to get it autographed.  We waited around after the show so she could get her autographs and her picture made with the group.



Hayden wanted to get her picture with SIX.  The usher insisted I get in the picture too.  I felt like a  Branson groupie. 

Deacon made it half-way through the show and then passed out.  It started right around his bed time.  He has yet to make it through any show in Branson.

So we NEVER have to wake up Deacon in the morning.  He is always raring to go at 7:00.  This particular morning they were both so exhausted.  We had to wake them both up to start our last day of vacation.
The kids the morning after our longest Branson day. 
I love my family and the memories we make on our vacations.

2 comments:

Steph said...

We love Branson, too! It was my parents go-to vacation spot and now it's mine! Your kids are cuties!

Cassie - West Liberty Roots said...

Thanks Steph! I still have a hard time seeing you as an adult, let alone a wife and mommy! Your little man is quite the cutey as well.