Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Deacon's Toy Story Party!


We celebrated the Deacon Monster's 3rd birthday this last weekend. 
Ever since his big sister's birthday party back in January Deacon has been dying to have his birthday party.  He has informed me every single day--since January--that he wanted a Toy Story birthday cake.  So I did my best to honor his wish by throwing him a Toy Story birthday party.  
We had his birthday at the campground (perfect venue, so much room for kids to run, run, and run), so his Daddy displayed it on the entry-way sign.  Deacon can't read yet, but he does recognize his name so he was very excited to see it on the sign.

We just happened to have this huge cardboard rocket laying around in storage at the campground.  So Hayden and I got out some spray paint and did our best to make it look like something Buzz would be proud to fly in.



I so wish I had gotten a better picture of this.  We used some square hay bales left over from the previous summer to decorate with. Big sis Hayden helped me arrange our toys.

Woody is Deacon's favorite Toy Story character. So, the goody bags were made to reflect him.  


Hayden and her Papa playing air hockey.  This was pretty funny to watch.  Papa doesn't ease up or let you win...no matter how young or old you might be.

 

Aunt Anna brought some wonderful chocolate fondue, a big yummy hit. 

Here are some of our friends at the kid's table.  I forgot to take pics of the other tables :P




Deacon with his Toy Story cupcake tower.  This was his first year to blow the candles out without spitting on the cake.  Big sis helped me decorate the cupcakes.

I found a website that had a huge variety of Toy Story coloring pages so I printed them off for the kid table.  Big sis is meticulously coloring a picture of Jessie.

Deacon instructs Granny on how his picture should be colored...by her.  



I borrowed a cowboy boot from my dad and bought a rubber snake from the Dollar Tree so the kids could toss the snake into the boot.  This turned out to be much more difficult than it looked, but it made for a cute game none the less.

This was by far my favorite thing.  A giant size Mr. Potato Head!  Deacon was super excited about this.  All his parts were velcroed on, and there were more in the bucket so you could actually play with him.

Aunt Tori and Uncle Blake bought and filled (and I mean FILLED) this Toy Story pinata.  

Deacon taking his turn.  Also, this pinata was crazy, ridiculously strong!  We eventually had to "help" the kids a bit and cut a hole so it would bust!  But when it did, oh wow, did the candy flow!

Deacon was super blessed and received lots of great presents from his family and friends.  We were so happy to share the day with them all!



Love this kid :)

No comments: