Monday, January 05, 2015

Pray for Angela

Several nights ago I was reading a parenting book when I came across a passage of scripture the author included at the end of a chapter.  Instantly I forgot everything I had just read regarding parenting. The scripture passage seem to be jumping off the pages. God's word was so powerful and so striking in that moment that I couldn't help but to pause and take notice. I first thought, "My gosh, this is so beautiful." I read it over and over, just trying to absorb it and internalize it.

It struck such a strong chord with me. I could feel it reaching out and gripping my heart. I knew God was speaking. Suddenly my heart grew very heavy. I knew I was reading this scripture because someone I knew would need it...they would need it very soon.

The very next day Kerry and I found out a friend of ours was diagnosed with breast cancer. Our hearts sank. My eyes filled with tears and I hurt for our friend and her family. Immediately I felt God reminding me that passage was for them.

Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. for I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.  -Isaiah 43:1-3

This isn't a journey I want for her or her family. I hate that this is happening and it's so difficult to wrap my mind around.

But...

I do know that God loves her more than anyone else possibly can. I do know that they will not be walking through this trial alone. I do know that God will get glory from this situation. I do know that she belongs to Him and there is no safer place to be than in His arms. I do know that He is God and He is good.

Please family and friends be in prayer for Angela Marrs and her family. This family means so much to my family. Click on the link below to be directed to their Facebook page they have started to keep everyone up to date on what is going on. It will also give you specific ways to pray for them.

Angela's Cancer Story


No comments: