Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Family Road Trip!

A few months ago Kerry and I decided to take the kids on a day trip and hit some places on Route 66.  We stopped at a couple of our favorites to take some pictures.  I love doing things as a family, even as simple as a small road trip.  

Here is The Round Barn in Arcadia. I love old barns, and this one is awesome.  They have done an excellent job keeping it restored.

I can always count on my Hayden to pose for a picture.  Here is Hayden in front of the barn.

Hayden and Deacon hurrying up the steps.  They were pretty excited to check things out.  Well, that's only half true...we had been in the car for a few hours...they were hurrying for a much needed bathroom break.


After the bathroom break we went inside the gift shop on the first level.  Deacon didn't last too long in there.  He was his typical 2 year-old self.  Grab this, touch that, climb on this, etc.  So I hurried him out and we headed up stairs to check out the loft.

The loft is very cool.  Deacon loved it.  I did however see a sign inside that read "no running or jumping."  Guess who did both?

This gives you a little idea of how big the barn is.

After The Round Barn we headed down the road to our favorite Route 66 attraction.  Pops!!  I just happen to be obsessed with soda pop.  So Pops is pretty much pop heaven for a soda junkie like me.  They have an entire wall full of glass bottle pops of all kinds.  Also, glass bottle pop is my absolute favorite...it just tastes better :)

Here are the kids checking out the giant pop bottle.

I love this next picture. They are such happy kids.  I love them so much!

Pop is a treat for my kids.  I certainly do not want to pass my pop obsession on to them.  So this day they were pumped as they got to pick out their own special soda.  They both chose Jelly Belly Orange Soda, an excellent choice.

Deacon making the correct sound you should make after getting a nice big drink of cold orange soda, "aahh."

Such a great day.  I can't wait for the next trip with my little family :)

No comments: