Wednesday, October 03, 2012

They Can't Stay Little

Days with my kiddos remaining little are seriously numbered.  It makes me want to cry and beg God to stop time, but I know that isn't part of His plan.  

Hayden is always reminding me of how much older she is becoming with her inquisitions.  Just this morning she started interrogating me about the tooth fairy...

Mama, are you really the tooth fairy?

Hayden, do I look like the tooth fairy?

*giggles

Mama, ARE YOU the tooth fairy?

Hayden do you think I'm the tooth fairy?

Aaaah!!!  Do I crush her little heart right before I send her off to school?  
Luckily Dad came in and the conversation was dropped for another subject.  

Whew...for now.  

Now on to my youngest.

This morning as I listened to Deacon playing, I realized I have less than a year before my baby goes to pre-school.  Someone please tell me how this happened?  Anyhow, after me being sick and in bed the last two days I decided I better not waste any perfectly good, healthy days.  I have to make each day count.  So I will laugh with, love on, and play with this boy before I have to send him off to school.

The laughing will be so easy.  Deacon is famous for being funny.  He makes us all laugh several times a day.  In fact, one of my favorite sounds that I'm blessed to hear often, is Hayden's laughter brought on by her little brother.

This day Deacon came up to me in his bug jammies, bass pro trucker hat, and stethoscope and said "mama, you need a doctor."
The loving on part will be really easy as well.  Right now, Deacon's heart belongs to his mama.  I definitely know that won't always be the case.  For right now though, I am his number one girl, and cherish that I will.

Just a few weeks ago Deacon went to town with Kerry.  He told his daddy "I want to get mama flowers."  So get mama flowers they did. The picture below is Deacon walking to the house with his bouquet of flowers for his mama.  He was so excited.  When he came in the house he exclaimed "Mama!  I got you flowers...they are red!"

I took Deacon to the park this morning.  It's his favorite place, and I don't take him there near enough.  Today I have decided to make it a priority.  Playing with him and his sister more often is now a new goal of mine.  




It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day distractions.  Thank-you Lord for your gentle reminder that time doesn't stop, and my kids won't always be kids.

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him.  Psalm 127:3


No comments: