Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ice Cream Party

My baby girl turned the big 6 a week ago (I have no idea how this happened!) We had an ice-cream themed party per her request. Most of the party ideas came from one of my favorite places on the Internet, and where I spend way too much time, Pinterest.




The ice cream balloons were Hayden's favorite, and super easy to do! (I do not do difficult when it comes to party decorating.)

My Hay-bay with her ice cream cakes. I also made these, I was feeling extra crafty for this year's party. These took a little time, but were also pretty simple to do, and they were so cute. I received lots of compliments on their cuteness, which makes an amateur like me feel pretty good.

You can't have an ice cream party without ice cream! We had a little ice cream bar. Lots of toppings and of course root beer for root beer floats.



Hayden really really wanted face painting at her party. I was a little nervous over this because I would be the face painter. However, I didn't do too bad a job. The girls loved it, the boys were too busy playing :)



We are very fortunate to be able to have our party at the campground. Lots of space for kids to run and play, and lots of things to play with. The boys spent a lot of time at the Foosball table.

Little brother enjoying his ice cream cake. I'm pretty sure I caught him eating 2 or 3. This boy...


We are a very blessed family. We have wonderful family and friends who shower my kids with gifts every year. I'm so thankful for each of them. I could never show enough gratitude.


Lastly, I had to show a picture of my gift from my sweet Hayden. She bought her mommy flowers to say thank-you for her birthday party. She is the best!

Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. -Psalm 127:3

2 comments:

Raegan ~ FrillyLittleDetails said...

Cassie,
Just wanted you to know that mom called me after Hayden's party to tell me ALL about how stinking adorable it was! She went on and on about each little perfectly thought out detail!! Good work! Tell Miss Priss we said hello!!

Raegan

Cassie - West Liberty Roots said...

That's quite the compliment since I always go to your mother when I need decorating done!