Thursday, September 08, 2005

Out of Shape

So Kerry and I decide to go for a walk last night after supper--that's right supper, I am from Southeast Oklahoma. I haven't had the energy or desire to exercise since I've been pregnant, but lately it's starting to come back. So we load up Phoebe--who is at least 5 lbs overweight due to no exercise what-so-ever--and we head down to the walking trail.

The three of us arrive at the walking trail and begin our "little family walk." We are the only people in the park. As we are rounding lap number one I notice an old man (probably in his 70's) has joined us on the trail. He is pretty far behind us at this point. By the time we are nearing the end of lap number two the old man has passed me like I was in a wheelchair and Phoebe is lying in the grass about to have a heart attack from her obesity.

I was passed by a 70 year old man who was simply walking.

I am officially out of shape and fat just like my dog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious...at least you have an excuse...and I am sure Phoebe would prefer to be called "fluffy"