Thursday, September 01, 2005

Disaster Relief

This isn't normally something that I would go out of my way to do, but I've felt like God has really laid it on my heart.

After watching all the coverage on Hurricane Katrina I realize how fortunate I really am. Yes, gas prices are outrageous right now, but at least I have a car and money to pay for the expensive gas to put in it. I have a house with airconditioning, I have food and water, and I know all my family members are okay.

There are people suffering and some dying simply because they do not have food or water. There are thousands that are now homeless and have lost loved ones. I encourage any one that reads this to consider sending a donation to one of the many disaster relief organizations. Even if it's just $10, every little bit helps. Also keep these people in your prayers, they've lost everything.

On many of the news stations websites you can find different addresses/phone numbers for organizations accepting donations.

No comments: