Monday, June 10, 2013

Deacon's 4th Birthday Party

Deacon is currently obsessed with Jake and The Neverland Pirates.  So naturally he wanted to have a Jake-themed birthday party.  Luckily, for me there are tons and tons of pirate birthday supplies out there.  There are also plenty of pirate party ideas on my idea-go-to-place, Pinterest. My children would not have the cool birthday parties they've had without my Pinterest obsession. 

So technically all the time I spend on Pinterest is benefiting my family, and not simply an addiction I have.


It is such a tiny detail, but the dynamite candles on his tower of cupcakes were my favorite thing.  







Originally I had just one game planned for the party.  However, on the invites we sent out my hubby told everyone we would have a treasure hunt.  Then our friend let us know a few days before the party that his boys were really excited about the treasure hunt.  So, I had to come up with a treasure hunting game, but it actually turned out really well, and the kids loved it.  


Since Kerry was the one to make up the invitations with the whole treasure hunt promise he agreed to lead the little adventure.  We gave each kid a treasure map, and Kerry lead the way.

Walking the Plank

This picture reminds me of the scene in the Peter Pan cartoon where the lost boys are marching along and singing "Following The Leader."

As the kids got to the "Haunted Forest" they were instructed not to wake the "sleeping ghost." My father-in-law gladly played the part of the sleeping ghost.  He loves a good scare.



They were not very quiet, so the sleeping ghost did in fact wake up...and scare them.

I wish you could hear the squeals, screams, and then giggles in this picture.  The ghost did a wonderful job of scaring them.

Almost to the end of the treasure hunt

Buried treasure

Our last game of the day was a cannon ball fight.

This is where I praise my awesome husband.  He spent the entire morning filling up water balloons.  I never imagined it would take so long, but it was a very long and strenuous task.  He is such a good husband and dad!

The kids loved it.  We put boys against girls, per their request.  They were all soaked once it was said and done.


Deacon had a great day. Later on that evening he even came to me without being prompted and said "thank-you for my party mama, I had a good time."

1 comment:

Anna said...

Lol. I love these pics! Half of them Deacon has the funniest face. I didn't catch the sleeping ghost part that day, how fun!!! And the last pic of Ari and Hayden gettin' Deacon good ;) It was a super cute party and I know my kiddos had a great time, as always. Can't wait to see what he comes up with next year! <3